The HIE funding that has contributed to staff wages for 3 years comes to an end in September 2013, and all the CDOs have been asked what they consider their top achievements are. The list from Corinne includes:
– At least £69,500 additional grant funding brought into Westray through applications written by the CDO for WDT and several other community groups
– doing the groundwork with DSL to set up the successful loan management partnership;
– being part of the process of the trust obtaining Unit 1;
– contributing strongly to improving the communications with the community through the website and Whats on contributions (which started with a very small CDO column)
– keeping focussed on the need to be accountable with PEG and grant processes
– More recently, my continued liaison with Orkney College has helped WDT get things moving in the Learning Centre (including the promise of new computers from Orkney College!)
– as the “strategy” person for the inter-isles broadband group I have been able to arrange meetings at high level with people involved in Broadband Development UK in the HIE area to keep the focus on excellent broadband for all – not just the easiest 86%.
– Its also an achievement to have successfully completed 7 core modules of Sustainable Development Study and an ILA level 5 Leadership certificate over the three years, while seldom being able to take the full allowed amount of study time.