The Westray Home Help Service offers assistance to the residents of Westray in need of support with household chores due to age, ill-health or disability. This includes;
- Household cleaning such as dusting, vacuuming, mopping, changing bedding etc.
- Local shopping and Pension collecting and/or accompanying the service user whilst shopping or collecting Pension
- Light household maintenance such as washing paintwork, cleaning cupboards etc.
- Laundry and Ironing
- Food preparation and/or cooking
- Outdoor maintenance such as gardening, path clearing, etc
Services do not include personal care tasks or home/furniture repair.
If you are interested in discussing this service then please contact the Westray Development Office with any queries or to organise a meeting. We currently only have one Home Help cleaner so please be aware that assistance at this time may be limited.