Westray Development Trust are currently seeking a new Administration Assistant.
Are you a conscientious individual with administrative experience that can help us support the Westray community?
Contract: Part-time, permanent. 17 hours per week.
Location: Westray, Orkney, Scotland.
Salary: £20,000 pro rata.
Application Method: CV and cover letter. In your cover letter please say how your background and skills are relevant to this role and why you are interested in WDT/the role. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a driven individual to…
- Be the first point of contact for WDT. This includes handling calls, enquiry emails, mail, and ensuring messages are promptly passed to the appropriate individual.
- Provide proactive and extensive administration support.
- Take minutes at meetings and circulate agendas and papers.
- Arrange all aspects of meetings, including room booking, setting up tech etc.
- Manage bookings of WDT assets, including room hire and equipment hire.
- Coordinate contributor reports for WDT’s Annual Report and produce the final document.
- Contribute to WDT’s communications with stakeholders. This includes producing WDT’s monthly newsletter (coordinating input from other team members).
- Support WDT’s Administration & Finance Officers (AFO) in administering the Trust’s various grant programmes. This includes processing applications, updating records, and communicating with applicants.
- Act in accordance with data protection regulations.
- Provide other ad-hoc administrative support as required by the AFO, Ops Manger, and/or Board.
Join us to help support the sustainability of our island through your…
- Experience of working within an administrative capacity for a team.
- Experience of providing high level support to multiple members of staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Zoom/Teams.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Proactivity and self-motivation.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Flexibility to undertake ad-hoc projects as needed.