Höfn Youth Support Workers (minimum of 4 posts) – Retainer IRO
£135 per week (pro rata).
DEADLINE: MONDAY 25th JUNE 2018
Purpose of the Roles
Responding to a developing need for a safe and warm place for youth to gather. The Höfn was built in 2000 and later refurbished in 2014 by the Westray Development Trust. The Höfn is an unstaffed drop-in centre, where youth are responsible for cleaning up after themselves and generally making good choices whilst they are at the drop-in. The Höfn Support positions are not for the permanent staffing of the Höfn but are based on on-call retainer roles. Höfn Support will work on a weekly rotation providing support for the Höfn and its users during the following youth nights;
(THESE TIMES WILL NOT CHANGE UNTIL HOFN WORKERS START)
|Monday||Private Bookings||Private Bookings|
|Tuesday||6:30pm – 9:30pm||All Youth (S1 – 17yrs) (Alternated Youth Club)|
|Wednesday||Private Bookings||Private Bookings|
|Thursday||6:30pm – 9:30pm||S1 & S2 Only|
|Friday||3:15pm – 10:30pm **||All Youth (S1 -17yrs)|
|Saturday||6:00pm – 10:30pm||S3 to 17 yrs. only|
|Sunday||Private Bookings||Private Bookings|
** (exception of the 2nd Fri of every month when Reflexologist is in until 6pm)
Key Responsibilities (On call for one week, on a weekly rotation)
- Open and close the Höfn outside of WDT office hours for youth sessions.
- Be a point of call for Youth using the Höfn if any issues arise, attending the Höfn if necessary.
- On locking up ensure that Youth have left the Höfn tidy with everything turned off.
- Support Youth to organise their own activities and fundraising (including the annual Bonfire Night).
- Ensure the well-being of Youth by dropping by during Youth Sessions.
- Reporting any issues of misbehaviour, incident and maintenance to the Operations Manager at the earliest convenience.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with youth.
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility.
- Be reliable and responsible and be able to support young people.
- The ability to treat people’s, especially young people’s, concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity and be aware of the need for confidentiality in youth support.
No prior experience is required, suitable training will be provided. A PVG may be required for this post.
For more information or to put yourself forward for a position (with CV & covering letter) please contact email@example.com 01857677858. Unit 1 Quarry Road, Pierowall.