Home Help Carers
We are always on the lookout for anyone interested in joining our Home Help Team. Hours are dependent on user requirements and the availability of Home Help staff.
Wage: £7.83 per hour Milage: 42p per mile
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 – To undertake a range of tasks for people in their own homes according to their needs and wishes and as agreed between the Operations Manager and the Service User. The Service User may be self-referred or have been referred by other agencies.
This may include any of the following or any other task as agreed;
- Household cleaning such as dusting, vacuuming, mopping, changing bedding etc.
- Local shopping and Pension collecting and/or accompanying the service user whilst shopping or collecting Pension
- Light household maintenance such as washing paintwork, cleaning cupboards etc
- Laundry and Ironing
- Food preparation and/or cooking
- Outdoor maintenance such as gardening, path clearing, etc.
Note: certain tasks are outside the scope of this service and the Home Support Worker will not be asked to carry out any of the following;
- Any personal care tasks. This includes washing, bathing, toileting, administering medicines, commode emptying etc
- Repairs to furniture, goods and especially electrical goods
2 – To establish good relationships with the Service Users and their carers where appropriate
3 – To maintain the confidentiality of all Service Users
4 – To report to the Operations Manager if there are any concerns about the well-being of the Service User.
5 – To maintain work records as required and within agreed timescales.
6 – To maintain standards of work as agreed. Be mindful of the Health and Safety of oneself and the Service User.
7 – To attend training sessions as required
8 – To adhere to Westray Development Trust Policy on absence, sickness and holiday procedures.
Personal specification and skills:
- Able to respect confidentiality, dignity, privacy and a Service User’s individual differences/preferences in their home environment
- A caring disposition and ability to relate well to older people and to understand their needs
- Pleasant manner and smart appearance
- Able to communicate well with people of varied ages and backgrounds
- Honesty, integrity, reliability and good timekeeping
- Able to carry out household tasks to a good standard
- Available for work with flexible hours
- Willingness to undertake any training as necessary
- Previous experience of similar work is an advantage although full training will be given as necessary