The website https://www.isle20.com/ has been launched to bring all your local independent Scottish island shops in one place!!! It’s free to submit your shop for a listing. If you don’t have a website that’s ok, a facebook page will do.
Business Gateway has free business resources on it’s website to support the needs and challenges local businesses are facing as a resulting of COVID-19.
Look on their website to access support on:
- Business Continuity Guides/Planning
- Actions for businesses to consider in response to Coronavirus.
- Using and reviewing digital channels of communication.
- Tips for working from home.
- Universal Credit for the self-employed.
- Coping with stress & anxiety.
- Using digital to reach your customers quickly in a crisis.
- Statuatory Sick Pay (SSP) Employer Obligations.
- Online Tutorials.
Can’t find what you need? Call the Orkney office at 01856 898 536 for support.
The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) is now available through participating lenders. Full information is available here http://orlo.uk/phHGq with the understanding the the website is extremely busy at present.
CBILS is a new scheme, announced by The Chancellor at Budget 2020, that can provide facilities of up to £5m for smaller businesses across the UK who are experiencing lost or deferred revenues, leading to disruptions to their cashflow.
Westray Development Trust is not a financial advisor, research any decision you make carefully.